With 270+ clinics in North America, Passport Health is your local leading provider of vaccinations. Prepare your health this flu season, visit us and get vaccinated.
What is a trivalent flu vaccine?
Traditional flu vaccines offer protection against three different flu viruses that are expected to circulate throughout flu season. These strains include one type B and two type A strains. Trivalent flu vaccines are the traditional flu vaccines administered in prior flu seasons.
However, trivalent flu vaccines provide limited protection. New quadrivalent flu vaccines protect against four strains granting additional immunity to those who receive them. Make sure you’re protected with your quadrivalent vaccine from Passport Health!
Which flu vaccine option is right for me?
Even though there is a great deal of unpredictability inherent in flu season, one thing is sure: an annual flu shot is your first line of defense against the virus no matter which option you choose.
It is important that everyone get an annual flu vaccine. It is especially important for people who have a higher risk of influenza-related complications to get vaccinated against the flu. These people include:
- Children and adults with chronic diseases such as asthma or other chronic pulmonary disease, cardiovascular disease (with the exception of hypertension), hepatic, hematological, renal or metabolic diseases (including diabetes)
- Women who will be or are pregnant during the influenza season
- Children under 5 years of age
- All individuals 65 years and older
- Adolescents and children on long-term aspirin therapy
- Morbidly obese individuals with a BMI over 40
- Healthcare personnel
- Caregivers and household contacts of children under age 5 or the elderly
- Caregivers who are at a higher risk due to their medical conditions
Visit any Passport Health clinic to get your annual flu vaccination.