Prepare your health for flu season; schedule a flu shot appointment at any of Passport Health’s 250+ clinic locations across North America today.
What Is a High Dose Flu Vaccine?
- Fluzone HIGH-DOSE is an adjuvanted inactivated influenza virus vaccine made specifically for seniors, or people over the age of 65.
- Fluzone HIGH-DOSE is a trivalent, inactivated influenza vaccine containing the three strains recommended by WHO and NACI each year.
- Fluzone HIGH-DOSE contains the adjuvant MF59™, which helps increase antibody production and improve immune response in the elderly.
What is the Flu?
- Influenza is a highly contagious virus that causes infection in the nose, throat, and lungs.
- Generally, the flu lasts for 3 to 7 days, but symptoms, including fever, chills, sore throat, fatigue, cough, and headache, may persist for up to two weeks.
- Notably, the flu can cause serious illness, especially in people with chronic health problems.
- Senior populations are more likely than their younger counterparts to have existing health problems, be they active or latent. This is yet another reason that proper prevention is key for people aged 65 and older, and prevention starts with a flu shot.
Where Can I Get a High Dose Flu Vaccine?
So, if you are asking yourself, “Where do I get a flu shot (influenza vaccine)?” schedule an appointment with your local Passport Health clinic.